Items will be sent out to you within 24 hours of your order being placed on a weekday. Orders placed on a Saturday, Sunday, or Bank Holiday with be sent out on the next working day. We aim to have your parcel with you with 2-3 days. If you need it sooner, then contact us and we will do our very best to get it to you sooner. Please be aware during busy festive periods and holidays, there may be slight delays.
If you have not received your order in this time, do not worry as delays do occasionally occur, but do contact us to let us know!
It is your responsibility as the customer to ensure that someone is available at delivery address you provide when your order is delivered. If your order is returned to us by the carrier because they couldn’t deliver the goods or because you didn’t arrange to collect your order from their offices you will be required to pay an additional postage charge before we re-supply your goods.
PLEASE NOTE –
We are currently only shipping to United Kingdom, N Ireland, Scottish Highlands, Isle of Man, Isle of White and the Channel Islands.
We assure that you will be delighted with your products, but there may be occasions when you want to cancel your order after we have dispatched your goods to you.
If you want to cancel your order, within 14 days of having received your goods, you should print out your original receipt e-mail and return the goods in their original packaging to us along with the receipt e-mail. Please contact us prior to returning the goods.
A full refund ( Excluding delivery charges) will be issued if it is clear the products have not been used or damaged in any way & in their original packaging. When returning items, you will be responsible for them until they reach us. Postal costs incurred by yourselves will not be reimbursed, however in some cases we will provide the postage label.
DAMAGED OR INCORRECT GOODS
If you wish to return an item to us that is damaged, which you did not order, or for any other reason that is our fault, you must contact us within 14 days of receiving the goods so we can make arrangements to either refund you the purchase price or replace the damaged/wrong items. Customers wishing to report a damaged or incorrect order can do so by emailing us or phoning our customer service line on 01872 519130 (Mon-Fri 8.00am-5pm and Saturday 8.00am -12.00pm GMT/BST).
All incorrect items to be returned in their original packaging.
Please do not return items to us without having contacted us in advance. We will contact you to let you know what to do with the goods that you wish to return to us.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF TRADING
1. Terms of Trading
All goods are supplied by Cornwall Farm Machinery Ltd (CFM Country Store) on the following terms and acceptance of goods from the Company shall be conclusive evidence before any Court or Arbitrator that these terms apply.
No person in the employment or acting otherwise as agent of the Company or purporting to do so, has authority to accept orders or supply goods on any other terms or to vary these terms in any way whatsoever unless otherwise provided in writing by a duly appointed officer of the Company.
3. Previous Dealings
Previous dealings between the Company and any Customers shall not vary or replace these terms or be deemed in any circumstances whatsoever to do so.
4. Quotations, Pricing and Orders
- Prices ruling at date of despatch will be charged unless otherwise stated.
- Quotations are not binding on the Company until the Company has accepted all order in writing or has delivered the goods to the Customer and the Company reserve the right to revise quoted prices and charges in the event of any changes in the Company’s costs and/or prevailing conditions between the date of quotation and the date of despatch and/or where the Company’s quoted prices are inaccurate owing to any accidental error or omission on the Company’s behalf affecting the price or its calculation.
- The quoted price shall be increased by an amount equal to the amount of any additional costs, charges or expenses incurred by the Company in direct or indirect consequence of any additional or incorrect instruction given by the Customer.
- No orders once accepted may be cancelled or amended without the Company’s written agreement.
- A Scheduled Order (i.e., an order calling for delivery spread over a specific period) shall constitute unqualified authority to supply all goods under the order and the Customer shall be liable to pay for all such goods from the date of contract.
The time of delivery shall not be of the essence and the Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever, or howsoever arising out of the failure to meet any period or date of delivery specified in any quotation or otherwise. The Company may deliver the goods in instalments unless otherwise agreed. When delivering by instalments is specified each delivery shall constitute a separate contract and the failure of any one or more deliveries shall not be deemed to be a repudiation of the contract. Without prejudice to the rights of the Company for breach of contract if the Customer fails to give the Company instruction as to delivery when so requested or refuses to accept delivery of the goods, the Company may charge the Customer such loss or damage as may be suffered or incurred by the Company by reason thereof.
Payment terms are net cash unless otherwise stated any items on account must be paid for within 30 days of invoice. Should any account of a Customer become overdue that Customer forfeits the right to the normal credit terms. Should any account of a Customer become overdue the Company reserves the right to suspend performance of any of our obligations to such Customer, temporarily or indefinitely. Packing charges if any, shall be in accordance with the type of container supplied to the Customer, as indicated on the invoice. Interest at a rate of 10% above Lloyd’s base rate shall be charged on overdue accounts.
7. Return of Goods
Should any Customer wish to return goods to the Company by reason of the fact that the same are no longer required, if agreed by the Company, then the following provisions shall take effect.
- The original delivery of the goods concerned shall have been not more than 30 days prior to the date of return.
- The said goods shall have been supplied to the Customer direct and not through any third-party agency.
- At the date of return the said goods shall be “as new” and be returned with proof of purchase.
- At the date of return the said goods shall still be included in the current Company catalogue.
- A stock handling charge will be imposed at the discretion of the Company for goods returned. If an item is being returned via post, the postage charge occurred shall need to be covered by customer return said items.
(a) All goods will be supplied within reasonable limits of dimensions. If special accuracy is required, the Customer must state specifically in writing the maximum and minimum limits. The Company accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of information or drawings supplied by the Customer.
(b) The Company shall not be liable for any delay and performance of the contract by reason of any delay or failure of the Customer in supplying any specification required.
(c) The Company reserve the right to make any changes in the specification of goods which are required to confirm with any applicable safety or other statutory requirements or where the goods are supplied to the Customer’s specification which do not materially affect their quality or performance.
9. Quantity Variations
The Company shall not be liable for any discrepancies unless written notice thereof is received by it within 3 days of the delivery and the Company is given reasonable opportunity of witnessing a re-check of the quantity before use or sale.
- The Customer acknowledges that before entering into an agreement for the purchase of any goods from the Company he has expressly represented and warranted that he is not insolvent and has not committed any act of bankruptcy, or being a company with limited or unlimited liability, knows of no circumstances which would entitle any debenture holder or secured creditor to appoint a receiver to petition for winding-up of the Company or exercise any other rights over or against the Company’s assets.
- Goods the subject of any agreement by the Company to sell shall be at the risk of the Customer as soon as they are delivered by the Company to his vehicles or his premises or otherwise to his order.
- Such goods shall remain the sole and absolute property of the Company as legal and equitable owner until such time as the Customer shall have paid to the Company the agreed price together with the full price of any other goods the subject of any other contract with the Company.
- The Customer acknowledges that he is in possession of goods solely as bailee for the Company until as such time as the full price thereof is paid to the Company together with the full price of any other goods the subject of any other contract.
- Until such time as the Customer becomes the owner of the goods, he will store them on his premises separately from his own goods or those of any other person and in a manner, which makes them readily identifiable as the goods of the Company.
- Where delivery is made by the Company to a Carrier for transmission to the Customer or Customer’s nominee the Company will claim against the Carrier on the Customer’s behalf in respect of non-delivery or short delivery by the Carrier or damage in transit provided the Customer notify both the Company and the Carrier in writing of any such claim within such time as enable the Company to comply with the time limits currently laid down by the Carrier for notifying him of the claim in question.
- The Company shall have the option of replacing or crediting the value of the goods in respect of which any kind of claim is made, thereby fully discharging all legal liability in respect thereof.
- Goods delivered and alleged to be defective must be returned to the Company carriage paid within 21 days of the date of delivery of goods. Carriage must be by the cheapest route and any cost of such carriage will only be reimbursed to the Customer if the goods are acknowledged by the Company to be defective.
- No liability will be accepted for any failure or delay, in performance which is due wholly or partially to restriction by Government or other competent authority, civil commotion, strikes, lockouts, industrial dispute, failure in the company’s anticipated supplies or raw materials or fuel, or failure or partial failure of plant, delay on the part of any independent contractor, or to any other cause whatsoever beyond our control. In such circumstance the time for delivery shall be extended for a reasonable period having regard to the delaying cause.
- Except insofar as the Company may be liable in respect of faulty materials or bad workmanship the Company shall be under no liability whatsoever (including without prejudice to the generality of the forgoing any liability in tort or for consequential loss, damage or injury of any kind, other liability for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of the Company) for any defect in or failure of or use of or unsuitability for any purpose of the goods or any part thereof howsoever caused; and all conditions, warranties or other terms whether express or implied and whether statutory or otherwise which are inconsistent with the provisions of this condition and which are capable of lawful exclusion are hereby expressly excluded.
- The Company will have the right forthwith to determine the contract and upon written notice of such determination being posted to the Customer’s last known address the contract shall be deemed to have been determined.
- There shall immediately upon the happening of such event become due and payable by the Customer to the Company such sum as the Company may reasonably calculate or estimate as the fair value of all work and labour performed, materials purchased, and expense incurred by the Company under this contract to the relevant date.
13. Force Majeure
Should the Company be restricted, hindered, delayed in or prevented from carrying out its obligations under the contract by any circumstances whatsoever outside the Company’s reasonable control including, without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing and without limitation, any act of God, war, riot, strike, lock out, trade dispute or other labour disturbance, fire, flood, difficulty in obtaining workmen, fuel, materials or transport, government restrictions or the exercise of government authority, whole or partial failure of equipment or the Company’s suppliers then the Company shall not be liable to the Customer for any loss or damage whether direct or indirect which may thereby be suffered by the customer and furthermore the Company shall be at liberty to determine or suspend the contract without incurring any liability for any loss or damage resulting to the Customer. The appointment of available goods between separate orders and separate Customers shall be entirely within the discretion of the Company.
14. Governing Law
The interpretation and performance of these Conditions will be governed by the Law of England and the parties shall submit to the jurisdiction of English Courts.